The Green Fan

One apartment. Five roommates. Countless stories.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Our Roommates

Since we are telling our stories, I thought it would be wise to introduce our cast of characters. You have met Sherry and me. We shared the master bedroom with Karleen. Karleen is a great friend who didn't know what she was getting into when I begged her to come live with us and told her we would have great fun and save so much money by living together - three of us in one bedroom. Karleen and I were math majors in our last semester, and then math teachers in our student teaching semester. I do not think I would have survived student teaching without Karleen. I know that "Analysis: with an introduction to proof" would have been unbearable without regular study sessions with Karleen and Bill Born (more on that later - OH! such good things to come!). We also had Mary Beth, who was on a scholarship that included living expenses so she could afford her own room. She was a nursing major, and she was like our apartment mother - she was the voice of reason in a crisis, and occasionally cooked for us. Our third bedroom started out belonging to Brenda, who moved out to go to another country, and she replaced herself with Lois, who knew none of us and didn't make it a point to change that fact. Little was known about Lois, so she will be largely absent from our stories. And, of course, we had our summer roommates, Tera and Lisa. Tera is a wild and fun woman (read: great stories) and Lisa was quiet, easy to live with, and gone most of the time. In fact, I think Sherry forgot she lived with us. Lisa and I roomed together our junior year in the dorms, and although I do have great stories with her, they didn't happen in our apartment, so they won't be included here. So that's the main part of our cast. Of course, I haven't even mentioned the boyfriends, the other friends, the neighbors, . . . this post is already long enough, so I'll stop for now.

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2004 at 3:10 PM, Blogger Y.H.N. said...

Hilarious! esp the ode to the green fan. Had a diesel generator just outside my first apt. (back in the day) Without it running I couldn't get to sleep over the noise of my roomies girlfriend snoring.

p.s. good start

http://brownian-notions.blogspot.com/

 
At September 6, 2004 at 9:17 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

More *green fan.* I want it green, I want it loud and I want it now!!! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home